Saturday 20 April 2013

Kid's room inspiration....book illustrations.

Let's face it...children's books are often full of beautiful illustrations that could inspire a whole room design. I remember framing a selection of Rupert the Bear pictures from a damaged book I found at a car-boot sale...they looked wonderful up on a wall!
here's what I mean...these following ideas come from just a handful of top illustrators...who would yours be...?

Quentin Blake....



Find Quentin Blake's wallpaper and fabric range at Osborne and Little....


Miroslav Sasek....



Sasek's graphic style is mirrored in Lizzie Allen's cheery wallpapers...


Dr Seuss...
Yes...! I am obsessed by this man.



Bright contrasts in a nursery look fresh and funky....


Arthur Rackham...



These detailed images of children's favourites make me think of Art Nouveau interiors with decorative dark woods.

  

Richard Henderson-Wiley...
Who? I hear you ask...



Remember now...?
These classics from my past make me think of vintage, mix-matched interiors.



Inspiration is everywhere...and kid's get the lion's share when it comes to designing their rooms...or is it just me with an over-active imagination...I very much hope not!
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment