Tuesday 30 July 2013

I've done the obligatory 'school holiday' trip...

I don't have kids myself so could've avoided it altogether but my dad wanted to visit the Science Museum in London for his 80th birthday...and it's every kid's job, once they get to a certain age, to oblige parents with their birthday wish...isn't it?


So the two biggest kids of the day toured the building....
Best bits for me?...the climate change Earth globe....and the Apollo 10 space module...the actual one that went to space in preparation for the moon landing...Incredible...the underside was almost as burnt as my saucepans at home!


We were showing our age by the time we got to the third floor...computer interaction was becoming essential....and proved too much....we were off to the restaurant for fish-finger sandwiches...!
I told you...biggest kids in the building!

Back out for more and the 'Who am I?' wall....any movement was matched by hundreds of light discs in pinky colours....what a great idea for a kid's room....one day maybe...


And then to the Museum shop...and a veritable treasure-trove of interactive science toys and experiments for kids of all ages...I could feel 'pester-power' coming on in bucket-loads...we had to go!

We had a ball! Happy birthday Dad...

No comments:

Post a Comment