Sunday 20 September 2015

National Baby Safety Month...toy safety tips.

I've been distracted recently!
The new Dreams and Wishes website is so close to completion I can hardly contain myself...mind you, it has meant quite a bit of work on my part to provide the developers with images and content so my apologies if you feel I've neglected you.

I've found it really hard to write descriptions for the toys and accessories going on the website too...well, during the day I have...in the middle of the night, no problem..!

Still, it's forced me to consider safety aspects, and undertake a bit of research to make sure I'm including the right information...quite appropriate really, as we're half-way through National Baby Safety Month...

So here's some of what I've learned...

Buy quality, well-made toys from retailers you trust and make sure they meet recognised safety standards, look for relevant safety symbols.

Check 'age suitability' guidelines and avoid buttons, beads and ribbons that could be become a choke hazard if pulled off.

Check the condition of your baby's toys for broken or damaged parts and avoid very small parts on toys for children under three years old.

Above all...supervise your baby as they play...!

Check out these delightful examples of a baby's first toy...crochet rattles...


No comments:

Post a Comment